With an aspiration to become a modern industrial province by 2030, Hai Duong is planning to develop a dynamic industrial region covering an area of about 10,000 ha only 25 minutes from Ha Noi by expressway, including 5,000 ha of industrial land and 2,000 ha of urban, service, and logistic land.
The dynamic industrial region will have the following key and potential industries:
- Electricity and electronics, including smart electronics, home appliances, electronic and smart chips, IoT devices, hardware and software for phones, computers, etc.;
- Mechanics and manufacturing of robots, electric and new generation cars, and hi-tech industrial machinery;
- Information technology with the manufacturing of software, data technology, and artificial intelligence;
- Pharmaceutical chemistry, including the production of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics; and
- Biotechnology, involving research on and development of biological products and innovations, production of medical equipment, pharmaceuticals, and food by biotechnology.
With land reserves, Hai Duong province has great potential to develop various types of industrial parks like those specializing in pharmacy, ecology, and information technology in association with the establishment of research centers, ensuring sustainable development.
To serve the dynamic industrial region, Hai Duong will plan to develop a smart logistic center to optimize transport and logistic costs and utilize technological advances in management and operation to serve industrial parks.
The fact that global corporations such as Samsung, Foxconn, and LG have production headquarters in neighboring provinces of Hai Duong provides great potential for the province in developing hi-tech and supporting industries.